[Samba] LDAP Master/Slave

Jason C. Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Wed Aug 18 16:52:54 GMT 2004

I don't think this is a solution.  If I understand what you were saying,
on the BDC I should have this as the passwd backend:

passwd backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.server2 ldaps://ldap.server1"

server2 - the BDC and ldap slave which is read only
server1 - is the PDB and has the ldap master which users can read/write,
so they could update their passwords.

If I have it setup this way, the users that on the other side will never
be able to update their passwords, at least on that leg of the VPN.  Or
maybe I just thinking about this the wrong way.

Jason