[Samba] samba 3.06rc2, suse 64amd and os2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 17 00:57:33 GMT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 03:27:15PM +1000, gillian bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a lot of trouble with getting 0s2 to talk with samba. They
> seem to be making the right noises at handshake time,  and seem to set
> up a session no problems (using ethereal, monitoring packets).
>
> However, when it comes to actually transferring information (such as
> doing a listing of a share from the os2 box) it crashes with the error:
>
> Open AndX Request, Path: \OSO001.MSG; Read AndX, FID: 0x0000,6
> Open AndX Response, Error: File not found (pathname error)
> Path incorrect \OSO001.MSG
>

> So I copied one of these OSO001.MSG files from the OS2 machine and put
> it into the home dir of the connecting user. Then instead of the
> incorrect path I was getting a TCP incorrect checksum error.
>
> I don't understand why samba wants to know about an OS2 file that
> contains system messages. Looking in the source code, I can't find any
> reference to this file, and I cant find the particular error message
> either.
>

> The dos window on the OS2 box just crashes. NT and win2k boxes can
> connect without problem, but it is essential that the lanmanager
> connects as well.
>
> Anecdotally, samba and OS2 have worked together before, so what has
> changed with teh new versions?

We don't have OS/2 vmware sessions to test against, so this makes
it difficult to keep OS/2 support to the same quality as Windows
support. I really want to keep OS/2 working though, so can you
send me an ethereal capture file of OS/2 crashing when talking to
Samba, and also a debug level 10 log.

Jim & other IBM'ers - can you help with this ?

Jeremy.