[Samba] samba 3.06rc2, suse 64amd and os2

gillian bennett gillian.bennett at celentia.com
Sun Aug 15 05:27:15 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am having a lot of trouble with getting 0s2 to talk with samba. They
seem to be making the right noises at handshake time,  and seem to set
up a session no problems (using ethereal, monitoring packets).

However, when it comes to actually transferring information (such as
doing a listing of a share from the os2 box) it crashes with the error:

Open AndX Request, Path: \OSO001.MSG; Read AndX, FID: 0x0000,6
Open AndX Response, Error: File not found (pathname error)
Path incorrect \OSO001.MSG

So I copied one of these OSO001.MSG files from the OS2 machine and put
it into the home dir of the connecting user. Then instead of the
incorrect path I was getting a TCP incorrect checksum error.

I don't understand why samba wants to know about an OS2 file that
contains system messages. Looking in the source code, I can't find any
reference to this file, and I cant find the particular error message
either.

The dos window on the OS2 box just crashes. NT and win2k boxes can
connect without problem, but it is essential that the lanmanager
connects as well.

Anecdotally, samba and OS2 have worked together before, so what has
changed with teh new versions?

Thanks, Gillian