[Samba] trusting domains

jamie jamie at arach.net.au
Mon Aug 16 12:40:26 GMT 2004

I am responsible for 2 networks which have recently been linked: an NT4
network(admin) and a Red Hat network(curric) running samba 3.

All is fine except that all of the "curric" clients (Win XP) experience
ridiculous delays logging onto "admin".

We have a trust setup between the 2 networks. My first thought was "WINS
server" issues, so have configured the "WINS" on each client to point to
"curric" server - no change!

At times we cant logon at all to "admin" and get "remote procedure call"
errors, have to reboot the NT server and we are back in business.

Any ideas much appreciated. All XP clients are configured for local profiles
only.

Jamie