[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 and replica

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Aug 16 12:20:22 GMT 2004

I have 3.0.4 successfully running against OpenLDAP 2.2.13.

I noticed that during a password change the replog for "samba" password
stuff is "delete/add" pairs while the "userPassword" is a "replace". I can
only assume that Samba is generating the "delete/add" pairs, while the api
call to ldap_extended_operation is doing the "replace".

My question is why the choice of "delete/add"? Isn't "replace" a better
choice?

Admittedly I had a replica slightly out of sync and the "delete/add"
failed because I had the wrong password entries for samba. Unix password
always sync'ed however since it was issued as a replace.

Just curious...

Bill