[Samba] AD and SMB authentication

Swenson, Chris cswenson at curry.edu
Thu Aug 12 01:22:35 GMT 2004

I have been reading the archives and have not seen this question quite this
way.

Setup

RH EX 3

Samba 3

W2k3 domain

 The students authenticate against the passwd/shadow file or smbpasswd
depending on what resource they are accessing.

I use passwd sync and the set their passwords in a web browser on smbpasswd

I would like to make some of the resources available from this server to
Faculty/staff.  Can I add authentication against the W2k3 domain without
messing up the students.

The students do not exist in the W2k3 domain.

Thanks

CS