[Samba] nmblookup missing a machine

Whil Hentzen linuxnews at hentzenwerke.com
Wed Aug 11 23:19:20 GMT 2004

I've added a new client machine to my network with an IP of 192.168.1.141.

When I do nmblookup from my samba server, I get a series of responses like
this:

   Got a positive name query response from 192.168.1.12 ( 192.168.1.12 )

for every machine on the network except the machine I just added. I don't have
a personal firewall turned on on this machine and it and the samba server are
both on the same internal network.

I can ping the client machine from the server as well as other boxes on the
network.

What do I need to do to get this client machine recognized by nmblookup?

--
Whil

Moving to Linux: Freedom, Choice, Security, Opportunity
http://www.hentzenwerke.com