[Samba] Windows XP SP2 (Official) and Samba 3

Thomas Bork TomBork at web.de
Wed Aug 11 08:53:08 GMT 2004

Hallo Jerry,

> | I've looked through the archives and the only information
> | I can find regarding Windows XP SP2 is RC2.  Has anyone
> | out there had ANY experience with XP SP2 Official and a Samba
> | 3 domain?
>
> Looks like MS did not fix the print change notify bug.
>
> I would not recommend installing it if you Samba is is serving
> printers or unless you are running 3.0.6rc2.  3.0.6 final will
> be out later this week.

could you please advise, how to prevent Samba 2.2.10 from crashing with XP SP2?
I know, that Samba 2.2.x is outdated but the 2.2 versions are much more stable than 3.x.
Its a pitty - I don't have enough time to install a new 3.x version every week or month, because another memory leak or showstopping bug is fixed :(
I think, there exists much more installations on production systems with the stable 2.2.x Samba outthere than with 3.x.

If you could post the relevant code, I could patch 2.2.10 myself.

Kindly regards

der tom