[Samba] Notification changes delay

Menny Hamburger menny at exanet.com
Wed Aug 11 07:29:05 GMT 2004

Hello,

We are experiencing problems that seem like problems in the change notification mechanism.
We are using a media storage application that copies images to the storage, and displays them after copying them to a different directory. (2 phase process).
When using a local Windows drive, the second phase starts immediately after the first phase.
When using Samba, the first phase works OK, and the images are copied reasonably fast;
However the second phase is delayed for up to several minutes, before the whole image can be presented.
Are there any known problems with the notification change mechanism, or any other mechanism
that can cause such a problem?

Menny