[Samba] SOLVED: Roaming profiles not updating XP

Jon Noren jrnoren at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 03:10:29 GMT 2004

I have run into the EXACT problem;  I also may have the solution;  I wish I could give you a technical describtion, but I can't.  All I know is what worked.  Go into Services in the administrative panel of Windows XP and set any service relating to nVidia to Manual startup instead of Automatic.  This does not interfere in anyway with any of nVidia's functions in my experince.  You can also uses this fix to fix problems relating to users logining via Remote Desktop.  This does work to cause the profiles to update upon log off.  Hope this helps.

jon

ps.  If anyone can point me in the right direction on the following problem I would really appreciate it.  I am running Windows 2003 Server with all XP workstations and cannot get the computer to show the proper Background at login.  If the user opens up the display dialog his/her background is already selected, but it was not applied at login.  Once the hit the OK button, the background shows up just fine, but the same problem is happens the next time the user logs in.

thanks for any help... in advance