[Samba] winxp logon to samba

Greg Andrews andrews at rgt.com.au
Sun Aug 8 05:03:41 GMT 2004

Howdy All,

Running samba 3.05 on redhat 9

When some ( not all ) windows xp machine ( not sp2 but uptodate otherwise
) logon to the samba server they get this error message

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

Any ideas as to what this means and how to get rid of it ???

Also, seeing I am asking for help, there is a

logon script = logon.bat

and I know you can have individual logon scripts with
login script = %U.bat

and machine login scripts with
logon script = %M.bat

now the question is

can you have the three,one after the other ?

ie
logon script = logon.bat
logon script = %U.bat
logon script = %M.bat

and is there a group logon in samba ( 3.05 or any other version )like
logon script = %G.bat

the above would really solve some of the problems I have.

Thanks to those with the expertise to answer these questions and I hope to
be able to assist others in the near future as my knowledge of samba
increases.

Regards

Greg Andrews

--