[Samba] print spooling message never goes away

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Fri Aug 6 09:24:04 GMT 2004

I think, it's a serious problem, which needs to get fixed.
Removing tdb files is no option.

When this happened on our server, I saw zero-byte spoolfiles in the samba
spooldirectory.
But after deletion the jobs still appeared in the windows box.

I'll try to reproduce it to get more info about that.

But that leads to another point:

I'd like to ask, if there is some "tdb self-cleaning" functionality in Samba.
And if so - can it be tweaked?

If I delete the printer on my server, the entries in the ntprinters.tdb seem
to stay there forever.
Also the printing/*.tdb files stay there. I'd really love a "revisit your tdb
files and clean them up" - function.

Has anyone done slt before?

Thanks

Martin