[Samba] print spooling message never goes away

Vickie L. Kidder vlkidder at TABASCO.com
Thu Aug 5 21:01:21 GMT 2004

I had the same problem on some of my print queues, and was able to resolve
it by deleting the /samba/var/locks/printing/.tdb file for the queue.
The .tdb file was recreated next time I sent a job to that queue and it no
longer shows old "spooling" files.

Vickie Kidder

Greg Saunders <greg at lnxinc.com>
Sent by: samba-bounces+vlkidder=tabasco.com at lists.samba.org
08/05/2004 03:47 PM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
[Samba] print spooling message never goes away

I have a Samba server that reports some print jobs "spooling" to the
workstations on the network when clients browse it. There are no jobs
spooling or printing and it never goes away unless I restart the Samba
process. It does come back though and do the same thing. This happens on
a few of the 50 queues it's serving.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg