[Samba] Problems w/ winbind and AD group membership

Ziller, James James.Ziller at qg.com
Tue Aug 3 15:27:23 GMT 2004

Are you able to access the shares when you add your windows username to
"valid users =" in smb.conf?  That part works fine for me, its only when
I use groups in "valid users =" that it doesn't work.  Ive gone through
the docs dozens of times already rechecking everything and cannot get
this to work.  Btw, Im using redhat 9.  I've also tried "security =
domain" but have the same problem.

-James