[Samba] My PDC Conversion Project

Josh Skains JSkains at deltad.com
Fri Apr 30 23:22:09 GMT 2004

I have 3.0.2a (with about 75 machines/users) installed as a PDC for my Win2k users and found an oddity. (waiting for a bin version of 3.0.3 for RH8.0)

All was fine before I left 2.2.8.... But now when users hit <CTL>-<ALT>-<DEL> and change the password, they get "domain not available". When they log in, they get the logon scripts to execute, and anything else I do to list users from the domain controller, they come up. Everything else is just working fine, so I am at a loss on why this one specific thing is broke.

What is odd is the password DOES change. But a user wouldn't know because of that message.

I tried a lot of things. I disabled Unix sync, I migrated to tdbsam backend (migration went find).

I am literally banging my head against the wall.


Thanks for your time,

More information about the samba mailing list