[Samba] performance problem with samba in any version and small files

Matthew J. DiBattista mjdme at optonline.net
Thu Apr 29 18:32:04 GMT 2004

Did you compile samba 3.02a yourself or use the RPM packages?

I ran into a problem with the RPM packages on the Samba site for MDK 9.2,
When I installed it seemed that the packages were not valid, they were
looking for some strange name user.  Some of the commands to run were not on
my system either.  So I uninstalled them and went back to 2.28a which works
great!!

Sincerely,

Matthew J. DiBattista
Information Technology Technicians