[Samba] Linux user can browse Windows 98/NT machines but Vice Versa not possible.

gaurab dey gaurab_dey at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 12:30:56 GMT 2004

Dear All,

I have installed Red Hat 9 and all samba components
that came with it. I configured the smb.conf file
which made the entire Windows NT domain browseable
from the Linux machine. I can copy, create and delete
files and folders from Linux to all Windows Machine.
but Clicking the linux machine from any windows
machine gives a error message "Linuxserver not
accessable" and "The specified machine is not
accepting requests. try later".

What do I do to ovecome this problem. I am new to
Linux. So please excuse my noviceness.

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks,
Gaurab.