[Samba] Yet Another LDAP Question

RRuegner robert at ruegner.org
Mon Apr 26 22:08:42 GMT 2004

Jean Krebs Fonseca schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this must have been discussed around here a million times, but I really
> didn't find this info anywhere else and I'm on a deadline here.
>
> I already have an FC1 server with a working LDAP directory  in production. The
> same server runs a Samba PDC, but not with LDAP functionality yet.
>
> All I need to know right now is if I have to include some standard user and
> group accounts, like Adminstrator and such. Also,how do I generate the NT and
> Lanman password hashes so I can include them in the uses' ldifs?
>
> And please, don't point me to that Samba-LDAP howto 'cause it did nothing but
> confuse me more.
>
> Thanks,

hi, sorry but you have to mess with ldap,
if you have a existing ldap server , you have to integrate samba schema
first and then setup users , groups, computers,
but this can be done in many ways, i recommend to try ldap tools from
idealix also included in the src of samba in a variation,
perhaps you can do a dump of your ldap to a testmachine and play around
with this scripts having secure your runnig ldap will not be touched.
but you will have to read howtos
regards