[Samba] Usermapping with 3.0.3pre2

Matthias Schuendehuette msch at snafu.de
Mon Apr 26 16:06:22 GMT 2004

Hi,

I just installed samba 3.0.3pre2 on a FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE Box. It's a
ActiveDirectory Member-Server and works so far - with an exception:

It seems to me, that the "!"-Syntax in the user mapping file doesn't
work any more. The man-page says, that samba will stop on a matching
"!<unix-user>=<win-user>" line, but all my users (even if successfully
authenticated) are mapped to the last default-entry "smb=*". So to have
my users working, I have to have all Shares completely open for "all
authenticated users"... that's not what was intended :-}

Is it my fault? I'm new to Samba 3, but with 2.2.8a it worked
perfectly...

--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette	<msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F