[Samba] Problem : Samba 3.0.2a as PDC with Win2000 Pro

welly hartanto welly_samba at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 19:54:41 GMT 2004

Yup!...absolutely...I can ping either with IP address
or hostname
c:\ping pdc
reply from 172.16....bla bla bla..
Anyway, my "supposed to be" PDC server is visible in
its workgroup ( the IT2000, if you took a look at my
smb.conf ). And I can log into it. It's just like a
common use of samba.
My debian box seems not to be a PDC but just an
ordinary linux PC with some couple shared
directories.. : -(

What I meant by can't configure the win2000 client is
:
I can't add it into the domain.It's the only win-based
computer I've got. I ain't got any XP nor 98, so I
haven't tried in another win environtment.
So the "actually" problem is, I can't join that
win2000 box into my "supposed to be" PDC server.
Win box said that maybe he doesn't have an account in
the domain ( a machine account ), and when he asked me
again to correct the domain name, he said there's no
domain named PDC ( my "supposed to be" domain name )
After fresh install and configuring samba ( as PDC...I
wish ), I tried to make this win2000 box as a client.