[Samba] 2 samba network response issues

Hoogstraten, Ton Ton.Hoogstraten at ingram.nl
Fri Apr 23 12:37:12 GMT 2004

Hi,

I got a samba 3.0.2-6.3E server running on Redhat Enterprise 3. The
authentication is done by winbind to a NT 4.0 domain controller. This is
working perfectly. However sometimes WinXP clients are having problems
connecting to shares, this creates a 20 second delay before the share is
accessible. After this 'initial' connect the share and other shares respond
within 2 seconds again. Currently it looks like it's only WinXP and it
happens random.

The other problem is similar and happens with MS Office, version and windows
OS do not appear to matter. It creates a same kind of delay when opening
word documents. This also happens when trying to save existing files. Did
anybody experience these delays issues as well with XP and office? I can't
find anything wrong with the server and its pretty fast in the development
stage.

Kind Regards,

Ton Hoogstraten