[Samba] Re: Problem joining 3.0.2a to W2k AD

Adam Aube aaube01 at baker.edu
Thu Apr 22 00:30:11 GMT 2004

[Forwarding to list so it's in the archives]

Subject: RE: [Samba] Problem joining 3.0.2a to W2k AD
Date: Wednesday 21 April 2004 05:05 pm
From: "Harmon, Leigh" <lharmo02 at harris.com>
To: "'Adam Aube'" <aaube01 at baker.edu>

I believe that you are referring to my post earlier.  Our issue ended up
 being a security policy on the Windows domain controller.  It took us
 many hours of looking at debug logs and sniffing the network traffic. It
 seemed like the Samba server was trying to connect anonymously, but
 there was a registry variable set to "restrict anonymous"

The following registry was the issue.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/LSA/RestrictAnonymous
 = 2 (it must be set to 1 or 0)

Once we changed it, we were able to join.

Hope this helps,

Leigh