[Samba] AD and home directory on Linux

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Wed Apr 21 15:37:44 GMT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 04:41:50PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> turbo at tuzjfi:~$ smbmount //majorskan/turbo /mnt/turbo -o krb
> Warning: kerberos support will only work for samba servers
> Anonymous login successful

This means kerberos was not used (as the warning said could happen). Solution?
I was also playing with this the last few days, and no go, even with CIFS. It's
still a work in progress.

Perhaps you could try the pam_mount module, it will grab the password from
previous modules and mount filesystems. I'm not sure if it's still maintained, though.