[Samba] AD and home directory on Linux

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Apr 21 14:41:50 GMT 2004

I'm trying to get my home directory (automaticly) mounted from the
AD server via SMB - I can't (don't want to) use NFS, because that
fucks up the file modes (even with SFU it's not compatible enough).

Using LibNSS/LDAP and LibPAM/{LDAP,Krb5} will authenticate me,
get me a ticket and overall work exactly as planed.

However, my home directory isn't availible (I had to create an
empty directory, so that the nss/pam stuff will work - if the
directory doesn't exists login is denied).

Trying to use 'smbmount' fails if using 'krb' as auth method: