[Samba] Sync UNIX and SMB users

Schlomo Schapiro samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Tue Apr 20 09:42:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

you can use the pam_smbpass module for that. User's password will be
written to the Samba password system when a user logs on. Unfortunately
the stock pam_smbpass module will update the password only once (e.g. only
when the Samba password is EMPTY).

I modified the pam_smbpass module to always update the Samba password, ask
me if you need this feature. (NCP is the password source here and I need
to keep the Samba password in-sync with it).

Schlomo

--
Regards,
Schlomo