[Samba] Upgraded to 3.0.2a but...

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 10:26:05 GMT 2004

Hi folks :-)

I've just downloaded Samba 3.0.2a, run ./configure , make and make install.
All seemed to go OK but my system still appears to be running the previous
2.2.8a version.

New installation seems to have placed smbd, nmbd and swat into
/usr/local/samba/sbin (older ver was in /usr/sbin) so I changed the entries
in /etc/rc.d/rc.samba to show correct path and now smbd/nmbd are not running
at all.  Also, where is swat started from ?

All this is running on Slackware 8.

I have restarted the whole system but no luck.

What have I done wrong this time !  Fairly new to linux/samba I'm afraid.

Many thanks

Mike