[Samba] Setting up Point 'n' Print

Dustin Dortch dustin_dortch at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:36:19 GMT 2004

I am having some problems with uploading printer drivers.  I follow the
procedures as outlined in both TOSHARG and Samba-3 by Example, and I use the
Add Printer Drivers Wizard to upload the drivers.  It looks OK, and the
drivers make into the \\server\print$\W32X86\3 directory.  But when I click
okay, I get "Printer settings could not be saved. Access is denied."  This
happens when changing any other settings as well.  I am doing this as a
printer admin, and I have set the directories and printing related .tdb's to
777 for testing.  I tried to use the rpcclient and it returns
WERR_ACCESS_DENIED.  I am really lost.  Using Samba 3.0.2a and
Slackware-current.

Dustin A Dortch
Network+, MCSA/MCSE W2K
dustin_dortch at hotmail.com