[Samba] authenticating to an NTLM proxy from a Linux http cli ent

Parsons, Drew ParsonsD at knox.nsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 13 23:46:41 GMT 2004

It'd be nice to have the time to hack all the various unix clients to
support NTLM authenthication.

But wanting to just get the job done, I've found another solution: ntlmaps
(NTLM authentication proxy server).  It's home page is
http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/, but I packaged it up for Debian
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/ntlmaps).
It lets me proxy for wget and apt-get.

Thanks anyway,

Drew Parsons
dparsons at emerall.com

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.