[Samba] Possible security issue with Samba 3.02 and MySQL database

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 13 07:52:06 GMT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:37:38PM -0700, Mark wrote:

> I have been doing some testing with Samba and using MYSQL as the passdb
> backend (no it is not the security issue mentioned in the samba how-to)
>
> I found what I believe is is a serious security issue and I am not sure
> if this security issue is an operating system issue or a Samba issue
> that should be looked at by the Samba team. Is there such a place as to
> report such security concerns to the Samba team off list?

security at samba.org is the correct off-list address to raise 'security
issues' with the Samba team.

(Note for others: 'how to configure samba' is not a security issue,
nor is 'how to configure samba securely'.  What we mean here is
'sombody can beak into the system' type security issues).

Andrew Bartlett