[Samba] Kerberos and Samba

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl at mac.com
Sat Apr 10 22:30:49 GMT 2004

In reply to my own message, I do know that you can set up a trust between a UNIX (in our case) MIT Kerberos realm and AD so that your users can use thier UNIX Kerberos credentials to log into their machines and access standard kerberos services, but also use the services that require AD at the same time (without logging in again).  The logic would follow that you could, then bind a samba server to the AD in this setup and then could use it from windows, even though you initially logged in with your UNIX Kerberos/LDAP identity.  I have not been able to get *this* to work either, samba member server will bind to the AD, but when I try to log into it from a windows client that has both a TGT from our MIT KDC and our AD KDC (which trusts the MIT one) I get a variety of errors, none seeming all to consistent.  Can anyone on the samba team comment as to wether a setup like this should work?  In theory, i would expect it too...

Aaron