[Samba] smbd functional details

aarumuga arumugam eccsamba at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 21:33:47 GMT 2004

Hi,
         I would like run a truss on the smbd daemon and would like to know what exactly happens when a win xp machine connects to the  solaris samba server. I have a peculiar case of a samba user account fails on pam authentication with the kerberos server.

i tried starting the smbd daemon with the truss command but it just hangs up and fails to proceed. Somebody please help me in understanding the internal working of the smbd daemon during a connection

regards
eccsamba.