[Samba] Account Lockout Samba 3

Pierre Filippone pierre.filippone at retail-sc.com
Wed Apr 7 09:21:58 GMT 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this is by design or because I am doing something wrong,
but I cannot
make the account lockout work as I would expect it to work.

We use Samba 3 as PDC and BDC with SAM in LDAP.
How do I have to configure the policies "lockout duration" and "reset
count minutes" to achieve the following
behaviour:

Account is locked after 3 bad password attempts and can be unlocked by an
administrator or automatically unlocked
after 4 hours.

I tested various combinations. Locking works, but manual unlocking, either
by using usrmgr or by resetting the L flag does
not seem to work. The account stays locked until the "lockout duration"
has expired.

If I set "lockout duration" and "reset count minutes" to 0 or -1 manual
unlocking still does not work.
I am testing with 3.0.3pre1.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Pierre Filippone