[Samba] Logon scripts

Kent L. Nasveschuk kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
Fri Apr 2 15:46:34 GMT 2004

Hello Urs,

I've been experimenting with RunAsP.exe to do exactly what you are
suggesting.

By using kixtart script processor you can fork part of your clients that
login (2000/XP) to runasp.exe. This can switch user context to an
administrator, run a program, then return to the user's context. The
only drawback is that they charge $ per client machine. The passwords
are kept in an encrypted form in a file that can be launched from the
netlogon directory.

I've evaluated it enough that to determine that I can't do without it.
I've tested it for automating Norton AV virus definition updates from
login scripts as well as running older programs that write to priveleged
directories, but there are many thing it can be used for. Nobody has
written a free version to my knowledge, would be a great project.

Good luck

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent at wareham.k12.ma.us>