[Samba] Printing Changes from 2.2.8a to 3.0

Clay Fandre clay at fandre.com
Thu Apr 1 17:25:55 GMT 2004

Can someone tell me the major changed from Samba 2.2.8a to 3.0.x with
regards to prining? I am trying to switch from a NT print server to
Samba, but am having issues with 3.0.2a. (mainly slow printing,
clients hang when printing, etc.) When I use the HP-UX version (CIFS
9000 based on 2.2.8a) it seems to work better. Is there a good reason
to run 3.0.2a instead of 2.2.8a that I am missing? I'm running this on
HP-UX 11i.

I know there was an issue with the queue window getting not getting
updated automatically with older versions of Samba. Is that still an
issue?

TIA

-- Clay