[Samba] authentication problems

Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com
Sat Sep 27 21:29:41 GMT 2003

My samba server is a member of my w2k3 mixed mode domain via 'net ads join'

all users and groups can be seen with wbinfo + getent

net ads commands show proper information

I can connect to my local machine using winbind via /etc/pam.d/login

but when my windows clients try to connect to any share, I receive:

ads_verify_ticket: krb5_rd_req with auth failed (bad encryption)

The machine account looks fine from both sides.

I have signing turned off on the w2k3 server, and I have allowed anonymous
queries.

I've run out of clues on this one.