[Samba] pdb_mysql question...

Luís Miguel Silva lms at ispgaya.pt
Sat Sep 27 17:53:03 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

Thanks to Jelmers help im now able to use mysql support sucessfully (thanks again Jelmer).

I now need a way to generate NT4/LM hashes so i can insert new accounts without using smbpasswd.
Has anybody got a script/windows program/cgi/whatever to do this?

I cant find any function to generate a NT4/LM hash!

My problem is im coding a windows program to generate/manage all the users on the system and i want to be able to do it in ONE single step!

Its pretty stupid having to add the users on the windows machine and then go to the server terminal and execute
smbpasswd -a user password

(heh..sorry for my bad english, i hope i made my self clear :o)

Thanks in advance,