[Samba] Samba 3 / Solaris 8 / Kerberos

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at christ-wasser.de
Thu Sep 25 12:01:46 GMT 2003

Hi,
I have a problem to compile Samba 3 with ADS support on Solaris.
Unfortunatly, Solaris 8 doesn't  come with integrated kerberos support,
so that configure doesn't find any support for kerberos. For Solaris 8
there is a package called SEAM 1.0.1 with provides kerberos
functionality for Solaris, but the needed header file, i.e krb5.h, are
not included and according to my informations from SUN, they will not
ship the headers in future.

Do I have a chance to compile Samba 3 with ADS support? Might it be a
solution to compile an install heimdal kerberos?
When Samba 3 is compiled with the installed heimdal kerberos, will it
work with the SEAM from SUN?
Does anyone here have experience with this topic and a solution?

Kind regards.
Th. Müller
Thomas Müller                      Phone: +49-711-88716-147
Department Manager IT        Fax: +49-711-88716-777
Christ GmbH                        Mail: thomas.mueller at christ-wasser.de
Mittlerer Pfad 9                    Internet: www.christ-wasser.de
70499 Stuttgart
Germany

DISCLAIMER

Any opinions expressed in this eMail are those of the the individual and not necesserily
the company. This eMail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible fo delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this eMail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this eMail
in error, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your eMail
software.

We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachement to this
eMail is swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained
as a result of software viruses and advise you carry out your own virus checks before
opening any attachement.