[Samba] Samba PDC not creating roaming profiles

Lee Martin LeeM at alvisomc.co.za
Thu Sep 25 11:22:47 GMT 2003

Hi,

I tried adding "nt acl support = no" to my share as recommended.
This hasn't changed my problem. I have also made sure that my
SID is the same on both old and new server. (Perhaps it has changed
all together?) The closest I seem to get is the creation of the profile
directory, but nothing is stored in there.
Even with the 'new' SID I have rejoined them to the DOMAIN, the first time
I log in I get a error " Cannot open profile" yet it makes that profile
directory in the correct location, yet with nothing in it. Every login after that
results in no error and nothing changing on my server's profile for that user.

Help needed :P

Lee Martin schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> I've tried pretty much everything I can, I have gotten a step further though.
>
> When logging onto the domain only the profile directory is created for a user,
> unfortuanately with nothing in it.
>

>>>From earlier I was asked to have a look at the SID, I have updated my Solaris
>
> 8 server with the 'smbpasswd -S' command yet this doesn't seem to have sorted
> out my problem.

stupid question:
u have read the SID from the original samba with smbpasswd -S and
updated the solaris server with smbpasswd -W - right?

> Yesterday, in desperation I installed ver 2.2.8a back on to my orginal Linux Server
> with my old config file, which resulted in the exact same thing.

installed back? so it seems u have lost SID? - did u try to re-join one
of the workstatins to the domain? (4 testing) is then the same problem?

u have *no* error messages, even on the client? (profile is syncronized
at login *and* logoff)