[Samba] Windows XP Home Edition

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Tue Sep 23 23:37:31 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:01, Eric Treu wrote:

> Can anybody help me.  I have come to the conclusion that the one XP
> Professional box that I have does not have this problem.

Xteq X-Setup from http://www.xteq.com/products/xset/ can allow some better LAN
functionality, at a price - you must enable auto-logons (how insecure can you
get?). I've used it with some degree of success on individual's private
systems that needed a workable connection to the corporate LAN. I would never
use its psuedo "domain" capabilities on the corporate systems.

> I don't want
> to upgrade, buy, or install XP Professional on all the boxes.

Then they will always be crippled to one degree or another.

> HELP.

I echo John T. here. And add that although the OS is badly butchered MS has to
at least be somewhat applauded for aptly naming it - the big "HOME" in the
title should be a clear clue to all.