[Samba] Why I can't set some default printer options for my HP 1015 + CUPS printer ??

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Sep 22 14:43:34 GMT 2003

Zhao You Bing zhaoyb at cad.zju.edu.cn

> Mon Sep 22 10:23:15 GMT 2003

[....]

> but one problem I encountered is that I can't check the "Advanced "
> option on for the samba printer (I've tried to check them, but it does
> not take effect), while I can do it well for locally installed printers
> and I don't know where samba put the default options are,

Soooo -- that's because you haven't seen or read docments like the new
Samba HOWTO Collection shipping with Samba CVS and 3.0rc-X.

The relevant parts in the printing chapters are here (and they apply mostly
to the late 2.2.x releases too):

  http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-11th-draft.html#11_1
  http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-11th-draft.html#11_2_10

Cheers,