[Samba] printing problems.

Nir Tzachar tzachar at cs.bgu.ac.il
Mon Sep 22 12:52:52 GMT 2003

hello all.

i apologize if im reposting this problem, but i could not find any
solution in the archives ;) .

i have upgraded my samba server from 2.0.7 to 2.2.8a, on a SunOs 2.7 .
im having the following problem:
some users cannot access the printer shares.
when i open the start->settings->printers, i get a
"printer not found on server, unable to connect" .
(clients are win2k)
when another user logs in to the same machine (using terminal services)
she _can_ access these shares.

can someone please help me? im lost.....
thanks.

p.s. please cc me, im not registered to the list.
thanks again.

here is the relevant smb.conf snippet:
[global]
        workgroup = SAMBA_DOMAIN
        security = SERVER
        password server = sapphire
        use rhosts = Yes
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        #disable spoolss does not solve the problem...
        disable spoolss = Yes
        domain logons = Yes
        wins server = 132.72.40.44
        print command = lp -c -d %p %s; rm %s