[Samba] Advanced Logon Resources from Windows Server

Edilmar Alves (NDS-FES) edilmar at fes.br
Mon Sep 22 13:32:42 GMT 2003

Hi,

My organization is an university with many student/teacher users.

I have migrated from Win2000 Server to Samba 2.2.8 and I'd like to
implement the following resources:

1) User logon in specific machines: I need student logon in only one
    machine when doing tests.
    For example: joe using pc1, mary using pc2, etc.

2) User logon in specific hours: the same application for tests.
    For example: joe/mary using between 07:00 and 09:00 hours.

3) User must change password at next logon: when creating an user
    or changing the password (because user forgot it).

These resources work fine and easy with Win2000 Server, but I
didn't find them into Samba.