[Samba] couldn't write to home dir

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 20 21:40:06 GMT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, andrej misovic wrote:

> I found where was that problem..
> I turned on quotas on home filesystem
> and it didn't work, but after disabling quotas,
> it works fine..
>
> Does samba 2 support quotas?
> I really need to have quotas on that system

Only if your operating system supports quotas.
If your OS supports them, and Samba has been compiled with the
"--with-quotas" option, then things should work just fine.

Then again, given past experience I am inclineed to be very autious in
answering this question. So maybe you could explain precisely what you are
looking for. It will help to make certain that I am not misleading you.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org