[Samba] Policy Editor and Groups?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 20 04:50:21 GMT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, K. Hawkes wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Quick question. We run Samba 2.2.8, is there a version of Samba (2.2.x/3.x)
> that allows me to do the following :
>
> Go into Poledit, add a group that corresponds to a UNIX group (e.g. Staff)
> and set policies on it, having those policies apply to ANYONE in UNIX group
> 'staff' ?
>
> The samba server we have is the only PDC and have several NT4 servers as
> members only.
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes. Hope you have read the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf that ships with
Samba-3.0.0rc4. It has a LOT of information on this subject. Let me know
if it is not good enough won't you. I still have 36 hours to fix it.
If after 36 hours noone has given me further feedback the deficiencies
will stay there.

So check the chapter on Group Mapping and the chapter on Policies.

> I apologise if this has been asked before or if there's an obvious answer,
> if you can point me just to somewhere I can get my answer, I'll happily do
> the leg-work myself. But so far I haven't found my answer by looking on the
> web.

Did you check the Samba-HOWTO-Collection on the Samba Web page? There is
one for Samba-2.2.8 and one for Samba-3. It's the later one you want.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org