[Samba] Policy Editor and Groups?

K. Hawkes k.hawkes at zombies.force9.net
Fri Sep 19 23:14:28 GMT 2003

Hey,

Quick question. We run Samba 2.2.8, is there a version of Samba (2.2.x/3.x)
that allows me to do the following :

Go into Poledit, add a group that corresponds to a UNIX group (e.g. Staff)
and set policies on it, having those policies apply to ANYONE in UNIX group
'staff' ?

The samba server we have is the only PDC and have several NT4 servers as
members only.

Any thoughts?

I apologise if this has been asked before or if there's an obvious answer,
if you can point me just to somewhere I can get my answer, I'll happily do
the leg-work myself. But so far I haven't found my answer by looking on the
web.

Thanking you in advance,

Mr. K. Hawkes

"May darkness be your only ally, for in the shadows you can hide" - Kris
1998-2002
"In darkness, there is strength." - Kris 2002
"What we do in life echoes in eternity." - Anon
"Remember folks, get your victims to scream, they live longer, you laugh
stronger" - Anon
"If people never notice you when you're around, they're not going to miss
you when you're not" - Kris 2003