[Samba] More than one logon script, can I have?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Sep 17 23:11:54 GMT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Max Harvey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RH7.3, Samba 2.2.8a, Win2KSP4 clients...
>

> I was just wondering,
>
> I know I can have a logon script based on a machine name, on a group, a
> username, etc., but am I able to actually have a combination of the
> above?
>
> I would like to have a standard group logon script (which I currently do
> have), but I would also like an extra script to run if they log on to
> particular machines under my domain... Suggestions?

As is documented in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf in the Chapter on
Advanced Network Management, you can dynamically create network logon
scripts and have the client execute them. See the HOWTO for details.
Please do refer to the Samba-3.0.0 HOWTO Collection, it is a little more
up to date than the Samba-2.2.8 one.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra