[Samba] samba 2.2.8a W2K policies

Max Harvey IT at smc.ac.nz
Wed Sep 17 20:28:57 GMT 2003

> Of axelma4 at compuserve.de
> Subject: [Samba] samba 2.2.8a W2K policies

>...I would like create policies in the
> netlogon share on the PDC for our
> EDV Room. Works this with W2K Clients ? I find only
> informations about NT4.0 policies and samba 2.2.8a. And is
> there a howto with step by
> step :) examples ???

I can't give you step by step instructions, but as far as I am aware,
the Win2K system is pretty much the same as the NT system.

Make sure you place the policy file in your NetLogon share (or shares if
you have different ones for different users/groups/machines).

The link below may be of some use to you,

http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=19725

It lists where you can find lots and lots of Administrative Templates
(.adm files), which will allow you to add many abilities to your policy
file(s), such as setting settings for other office products, Internet
explorer, etc.

Sorry I can't be of any more help at this stage, but I though I would
mention the link simply because I was so happy when I found what I could
do with the admin. Templates it points to.

Max.