[Samba] Samba-LDAP-PDC-Howto

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Wed Sep 17 13:15:02 GMT 2003

Hi, samba-users,

I am trying to setup a PDC for testing the first time (as you will see
from my question, I think ;-) ).

I am using the "The latest SAMBA-LDAP-PDC How-to" at
http://www.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/LDAP/The_SAMBA-LDAP_How-to.html

Everything went ok so far, but now I donŽt get further.
I am at the point "Configuring Linux" where the author tells me to
uses authconfig.

I am using Suse Linux 8.2 here and there simply is no authconfig. It
is not installed and I cantŽt find it on the CDs. Sure, I know of that
thing called Internet...

Should I download and install that tool?

Is Suse somehow different in that way? Just because I am wondering
about the fact that authconfig isnŽt included ...

Can I edit some file in /etc/pam.d to get the same results?
I tried to find out what to edit how but I am not sure about that and
I donŽt want to screw everything up ...

Can someone help me with explanations how to set pam_ldap up right?

Thank you in advance,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at