[Samba] Compiling Samba with LDAP support on Solaris 9 x86

Christopher Saul chris at tech-access.com
Tue Sep 16 12:12:21 GMT 2003

I'm trying to compile Samba 2.2.8a with the --with-ldapsam flag on
Solaris 9 for x86 with latest Sun patches.

Running 'make' fails with the output below.  I've checked all the
resources I can find online, but can't find what I'm doing wrong.

I have OpenLDAP installed and my LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to point to
OpenLDAP's libraries.

I'm using GCC 3.2 and Sun's 'make'.  Using gmake gives similar errors.

Ideally we would then be using Sun's Sun ONE Directory Server for
authentication purposes.  I'd also be interested to hear from anyone
who's got Samba successfully working with Sun's Directory servers.

All help much appreciated!

Regards

Chris

pdb_endsampwent                     rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.o
pdb_delete_sam_account              passdb/passdb.o
pdb_getsampwrid                     rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.o
pdb_getsampwnam                     smbd/chgpasswd.o
pdb_update_sam_account              smbd/chgpasswd.o
pdb_add_sam_account                 passdb/passdb.o
pdb_getsampwent                     rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.o
pdb_setsampwent                     rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/smbd'

--
Christopher Saul
Systems Engineer