[Samba] Samba 3.0.0rc3 : HPUX Makefile problem

Peter Van Biesen peter.vanbiesen at vlafo.be
Mon Sep 15 15:08:59 GMT 2003

Alter CFLAGS in the makefile, add -fpic ( if you're using gcc ), make
clean, make ...

in the rc3 they added files that are compiled with -fPIC but not all
files that needed it, so on HPUX this still doesn't work, so you need to
add them manually. +z is the option for the HP C- compiler, as ld
doesn't know you're actually using gcc ;-).

Hope this helps,

Peter.